At Safe At Hand, our customers come first, and your privacy and safety online is our highest concern. This policy governs your use of the Safe At Hand website and explains how we use, store, and process information we receive from or about you. As of May 25, 2018, all uses of this site are subject to the policy below, and so is all data obtained before that date.
Please note: Nothing has changed about how we store or process your data. Instead, we are providing you this information to be more transparent.
Information We Collect About You
When you interact with our website, with emails that we send to you, or with our social media profiles, we may collect information from a variety of sources. These include:
- Information you voluntarily provide to us in forms, such as when purchasing items on our website. This may include your name, email address, phone number, physical address, and payment information, as well as a list of the items that you purchase from us. It may also include your username if you have an account with us, a list of pages on our website that you have visited, searches that you perform on our website, errors you encounter, and other information about your visit.
- Information that your computer or your browser supplies, such as your IP address, your browser "user agent," the site that referred you to our site, and your time zone.
- Publicly available information in your social media profile, if you interact with us on social media. This may include such information as your name, profile image, and location.
- Anonymous information about people using our site, such as how many people are on our site, how long they stay, what pages they click, and other interaction with the site.
Why We Collect Your Data
We use your data to:
- make it possible and secure for you to use our site,
- process orders you place with us,
- make it possible to place those orders,
- follow up with you regarding orders you place,
- email you, if you sign up for our newsletter or place an order,
- make sure our site is working correctly and runnig well, and
- make improvements to our site.
Some information, such as IP addresses, the pages you visit on the site, and a record of any errors you encounter, may be deleted automatically on a periodic basis. We may need to keep other information indefinitely, particularly information used to process any orders you may place for our products or information that we use to contact you if you have requested a newsletter or other regular communication from us.
You can ask us for a copy of any information we have about you, or ask us to delete any information that we have about you, by using our contact form. At your request, we will delete any information that we have about you.
If you have placed an order with us, however, we generally cannot delete information that you provided to us or that your browser sent to us when you placed your order. That information may include your name, email, phone number, and physical address, the items you ordered, your payment information, and your IP address and browser user agent. We are required to keep this information to perform our sales agreement with you by sending you products. Even after delivery of the products, we may need to keep information about the transaction to comply with tax and other laws to which we are subject.
Sharing Your Information
We do not share any of your information publicly. We will share it with a very small number of people and companies in order to process your interactions with this site.
- If you place an order, we will send your payment and address information to a payment processing system, to process your payment.
- If you sign up for our newsletter or if we need to contact you about an order, we will send information including your name and email address to a third-party email service provider.
- If you place an order or enter a shipping address in preparation for placing an order, we will send that address to a third-party company to estimate shipping costs. If you place an order, we will also send your name and address to a shipping company to enable them to deliver your order to you.
- If you place an order, we may share your order information, including your name, phone number, email address, and physical address, with the manufacturer or a third-party distributor of the products that you buy. For many products on our site, delivery is handled by the manufacturer or a third-party distributor, a process known as "drop-shipping."
- We may also share information with the creators of the software that powers our site, in order to improve the site and resolve any errors. This may include sharing information about the error with another company that makes software for error-tracking and related purposes.
- Finally, our site is hosted by a third-party service provider. Although we do not share information about you with that third-party service provider, we do store your information on servers that are physically controlled by that provider.
Compliance and Cooperation with Authorities
We review this policy regularly to make sure that we offer you the best possible protect and process your data in compliance with this policy.
Although our company is based in the United States, we may have servers elsewhere in the world, and so may some of the third-party service providers that we use. We will process your data the same way, following this policy, regardless of where you live or where the data is stored. We will make every effort to work with you and, when necessary, with appropriate authorities to protect your data.
Changes to this Policy
We may revise this policy from time to time. We will not reduce your rights or protections under this policy without your consent. If we make significant changes, we will take steps to let you know about those changes.
Page loaded in 0.0284 seconds.